Join our mailing list
Want a handy copy of upcoming events and all our classifieds for your home computer, or to print out? Download our PDF Version of the newsletter.
The pdf is updated before the start of each month.
Want to see your own Business's or Organization's news releases on our page? Email us your Release!
You can also subscribe to our RSS Feed, to read our updates in your favorite reader.
Not sure what an RSS is? Visit www.WhatIsRSS.com for help.
Haney Heritage Village & Museum - Volunteer Week
Local News » Local Businesses
Apr 25, 2012
51 Hwy. 97B NE P.O. Box 1642 Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4P7
April 25rd, 2012
From the desk of Jeanette Clement For Immediate Release
Last week was National Volunteer Week, a time when we pay tribute to all the people who graciously give their time and energy with no expectation of financial reward. At RJ Haney Heritage Village, we constantly call on our volunteers for help and they unfailingly rise to the occasion.
Currently we are in the throes of cleaning up the Village to prepare for our summer season. Calls were made and our volunteers responded. Dead leaves were raked up, pruned branch debris removed, some of the flower beds were tidied and gravel was raked off the lawns. Other volunteers washed the walls, the pews, the piano and the pulpit in the church, as well as the railings and windows. More helped at Haney house by dusting and washing walls and floors before putting out all the clothing, quilts and throw rugs. The Tea Room was also cleaned with volunteers washing the kitchen and the cafeteria area. More is planned for this week.
It takes a lot of hard work to spruce up our Village, and we’re extremely grateful for all the time and effort “our people” put in to make things shine. It has been said that some of the richest people in the world are not millionaires, but volunteers. However, here at Haney Village, we think our volunteers are the gold.
Ph: (250) 832-5243 Fax: (250) 832-5291
Clicking on an Ad will take you to a new window.
To learn about advertising with us, click here.
• Axis Mundi Harvest Releases Full Line-Up (Jul 2)
• Burger, Beer, and the "Sons of the Louisiana Hayride" (Jun 26)
• R.J. Haney Heritage Village and Museum Celebrates Pioneer Day (Jun 25)
• R.J. Haney Heritage Village is celebrating 22 years of Villains and Vittles Dinner Theatre Productions (Jun 25)
• SCIP becomes major supporting sponsor of Salmon Arm Folk Music Society / Salmon Arm Roots and Blues (Jun 23)
• Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Announces more acts to the 2015 line‐up (Jun 19)
• Musical Events 2015 @ R.J. Haney (Jun 13)
• 2015 Dinner Theater Announcment! (Jun 13)
Welcome to the new Events & Classifieds resource for Salmon Arm, Shuswap, and area.
Feel free to look around, make suggestions,
Conceived, Created, Designed,